At Spiral Solutions, it’s our people who help transform our vision, mission, and values into action
If you share our values, are highly motivated and are looking for a challenging position that allows you to be innovative and creative, then Spiral Solutions is the place for you. Spiral offers a wide variety of career opportunities including product marketing, brand management, software development and more.
View our open positions:
About The Position
Spiral Solutions is an innovative and results-driven interactive solutions provider, delivering cutting edge results through high-end interactive performance channels, social platforms and advanced technological intelligence.
We are looking for a talented System Administrator to serve as a technical expert in the area of system administration for Windows & Linux operating systems.
Major duties & Responsibilities
Operations and Support
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes
- Reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies
- System Administration Engineering and Provisioning
- Engineering of system administration related solutions for various project and operational needs.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration Tasks
- Develop system related scripts in Bash / PowerShell
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis and upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
- Configure / add new services as necessary
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning
- Assist company users as part of internal IT helpdesk team.
- At least 4 years of relevant experience as system administrator
- Experience working with production critical environments with a large number of servers
- Proven experience with Active Directory (including Azure AD) , Windows Servers, Office 365
- Knowledge and experience working with virtual environments – VMware
- Hands-on scripting knowledge – PowerShell / Bash
- Good understanding of networking principles
- Familiarity with Cloud environments – AWS / GCP / Azure
- Experience with Linux administration
- Experience working with Ansible / Puppet or similar automation and configuration management system
- NetApp storage system proficiency
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills
- Exceptional troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- High level of English
- Availability in dynamic working hours.
Apply for this position
We are a feisty bunch who work hard, play hard and love to keep the Spiral party spirit alive!
We know how to have fun and break loose, enjoying ongoing fun days, holiday events and special bonding group activities.
We promote responsible citizenship and solidarity, serving as stakeholders in important social projects. We aspire towards an inclusive, sustainable community and empowered individuals.