At Spiral Solutions, it’s our people who help transform our vision, mission, and values into action
If you share our values, are highly motivated and are looking for a challenging position that allows you to be innovative and creative, then Spiral Solutions is the place for you. Spiral offers a wide variety of career opportunities including product marketing, brand management, software development and more.
View our open positions:
IT Support Specialist
About The Position
Spiral Solutions is an innovative and results-driven interactive solutions provider, delivering cutting edge results through high-end interactive performance channels, social platforms and advanced technological intelligence.
We are looking for a talented and motivated Junior System Administrator / Helpdesk to help execute and support the company’s technology and customer support strategies.
Major duties & Responsibilities
Operations and Support
· Perform help desk tasks and assist employees with any IT related issues
· Create new, remove, and perform maintenance on all user accounts
· Provision and prepare new employee equipment
· Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes
· Reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
· Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies
System Administration Engineering and Provisioning
· Engineering of system administration related solutions for various project and operational needs.
· Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, Storage, etc
· Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks
· Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary
· Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning
· At least 1 year of relevant experience as system administrator & users support (HelpDesk)
· Experience with office 365 tenants (create user, manage licenses, permissions and tools)
· Experience with Active Directory (including Azure AD and hybrid deployments), Windows servers
· Fundamental understanding of TCP/IP networking: DNS, DHCP, subnets, IP addressing.
· Hands-on scripting knowledge – PowerShell / Bash
· Familiarity with Cloud environments –Azure / AWS / GCP
· Basic knowledge and experience working with virtual environments – VMware/Hyper-V
· Experience working with Puppet/Chef/Ansible or similar automation and configuration management system
· Experience with Linux administration - advantage
· NetApp storage system proficiency – advantage
· Strong communication & interpersonal skills
· Service oriented
· Exceptional troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
· High level of English
· Availability in dynamic working hours
Apply for this position
We are a feisty bunch who work hard, play hard and love to keep the Spiral party spirit alive!
We know how to have fun and break loose, enjoying ongoing fun days, holiday events and special bonding group activities.
We promote responsible citizenship and solidarity, serving as stakeholders in important social projects. We aspire towards an inclusive, sustainable community and empowered individuals.