At Spiral Solutions, it’s our people who help transform our vision, mission, and values into action
If you share our values, are highly motivated and are looking for a challenging position that allows you to be innovative and creative, then Spiral Solutions is the place for you. Spiral offers a wide variety of career opportunities including product marketing, brand management, software development and more.
View our open positions:
About The Position
Devops Engineer is responsible to collaborate with software developers, system operators and other IT staff members to manage code releases. One to cross and merge the barriers that exist between software development, testing and operations teams and keep existing networks in mind as they design, plan and test.
Devops Engineer will build automated deployments through the use of configuration management technology, will deploy new modules and upgrades and complete fixes within the production environment. Another duty is to make modules ready for production, which entails moving them according to specific procedures and documenting knowledge transfer.
Responsible for multitasking and dealing with multiple urgent situations at a time, Devops Engineer must be extremely flexible.
The successful candidate will be tasked with development of new tools or enhancing existing tools that will be used by our engineers. The tools and processes you build cover areas such as service delivery automation, capacity management, code deployment and environment management.
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Ansible/Puppet/Chef or an equivalent
- Experience with infrastructure as code and Hashistack (Terraform, Packer
- Strong knowledge of scripting language Python/PHP/Bash/Powershell etc.
- Experience with one or more cloud providers AWS/GCP/Azure and relevant SDKs
- Experience with Git and software development best practices
- Experience with continuous integration tooling (Jenkins/Bamboo etc.)
- Experience with Containers and Orchestration tools (Docker, Kubernetes, Nomad)
- Strong background in Linux/Unix/Windows systems administration
- Experience interfacing with REST services
- 2+ years of experience in a software development team preferably as a DevOps Engineer
- Experience providing user guidance, documentation, and consultation
- Experience working in a team-oriented fast paced, distributed and collaborative environment
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, self-motivated, results-driven and well organized
- Strong written and verbal skills to communicate with other professionals, including software developers, systems engineers and product management
- Experience in a production services operating environment
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Cloud application deployment and monitoring
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
- Experience with Active Directory (including Azure AD) , Windows Servers, IIS
- Experience with VMware virtualization
- Experience with Atlassian tools such as JIRA, JIRA Service Desk and Confluence
- Familiarity with Relational stores (MSSQL, MySQL, Oracle, etc.)
- Familiarity with NoSQL stores (Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Couchbase, Redis, etc.)
Apply for this position
We are a feisty bunch who work hard, play hard and love to keep the Spiral party spirit alive!
We know how to have fun and break loose, enjoying ongoing fun days, holiday events and special bonding group activities.
We promote responsible citizenship and solidarity, serving as stakeholders in important social projects. We aspire towards an inclusive, sustainable community and empowered individuals.