At Spiral Solutions, it’s our people who help transform our vision, mission, and values into action
If you share our values, are highly motivated and are looking for a challenging position that allows you to be innovative and creative, then Spiral Solutions is the place for you. Spiral offers a wide variety of career opportunities including product marketing, brand management, software development and more.
View our open positions:
About The Position
A DevOps Engineer is responsible for architecture, building and management of the Spiral infrastructure platform over AWS, GCP, Azure and VMware: from construction of virtual network topologies, distributed workload orchestration systems, logging and application performance monitoring systems to interfacing with software developers, QA and operations teams. She or he will be a part of a close-knit cross-functional team within the IT department, servicing multiple business units and collaborating with the DevOps Community of Practice
A DevOps Engineer:
- Ensures zero-downtime application delivery, promotion of software artifacts across environments;
- Designs and builds multi-tier production-ready infrastructures across virtual environments;
- Advocates for the DevOps cultural and technological practices across teams, geographical locations and business units, acts as a focal point for R&D groups;
- Facilitates seamless and stress-free (PaaS-style) consumption of the infrastructure platform by R&D groups.
A successful candidate will have:
- Meaningful experience architecting, building and supporting scalable, resilient and cost-efficient cloud environments end-to-end in the world of “web”;
- Experience with containerized application delivery and Kubernetes in production;
- Experience with IaC industry-standard tools and best-practices (Pulumi, Terraform, cloud vendor SDK’s);
- Experience scripting out OS configuration workflows (Ansible, Bash, PowerShell, Python);
- Strong sysadmin knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Linux;
- Experience with progressive delivery patterns and implementations in a zero-downtime production setting;
- Knowledge of source control tools and workflows;
- Exceptional debugging skills across all infrastructure tiers.
Additional points for:
- Experience architecting, building and administering Cache and NoSQL clustered stores (Redis, MongoDB, Elasticsearch);
- Experience administering clustered relational stores (MS SQL, MySQL, Postgres);
- Essential knowledge of OOP;
- Knowledge of infrastructures servicing AI/ML workloads.
A successful candidate will possess and additional number of soft skills:
- Emotional resilience;
- Ability to concisely explain and document complicated things;
- Ability to productively communicate across teams, cultures and mentalities on a daily basis
Apply for this position
We are a feisty bunch who work hard, play hard and love to keep the Spiral party spirit alive!
We know how to have fun and break loose, enjoying ongoing fun days, holiday events and special bonding group activities.
We promote responsible citizenship and solidarity, serving as stakeholders in important social projects. We aspire towards an inclusive, sustainable community and empowered individuals.